Do They Have A Quality Website?
Welcome to part two of our series on “How to Select an SEO Company”. In the first part of this series, we told you to avoid hiring an SEO company that says they can put you on the first page of Google overnight. That just isn’t something a quality SEO company would guarantee. Our second tip is to check and see if the company has a good quality website themselves. Naturally, an SEO company should be able to practice what they preach. If they say they can help get a website to rank well, then they should be able to do the same for themselves.
Does Their Own Website Rank Well?
If you’re looking for a local company, they themselves should be able to show up relatively well on Google. For example, we are based in Milton, FL. If you search for “website development in Milton FL,” “search engine optimization Milton FL,” or another related service, we will show up near the top of the first page. We rank similarly in other cities in our area, and we’re on a constant mission to further improve our rankings. In fact, in the screenshot below, you will see a representation of how we have improved our own rankings on Google over the last 60 days, for five cities in our market.
If an SEO company is on the first two pages of Google when you do a search for SEO in your city, then they are probably pretty good. Good SEO companies know what they are doing, so there can be rather fierce competition among your local SEO agencies and professionals.
Does Their Website Look Nice?
An important part of SEO is the website itself. A website that looks nice and functions well will perform better on Google than a website that is dated or doesn’t work properly. A qualified SEO company should know this and they will help your website rank well. Their website, and yours too, should meet the following standards:
- Mobile-friendly and responsive: It should look good whether viewed on a desktop computer, laptop, monitor, cellphone, or any other device.
- Load time: It should load quickly.
- Call-to-action: It should be clear what they want you to do. There should be buttons to lead you further into the website, or to inspire you to take some type of action. On our website, for example, we make it clear that we offer free website audits. We also encourage people who read our blog to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Image quality: The images on the website should be attractive and clearly visible.
- Attractive: It just looks good, it’s organized, and makes sense.
Thoughts on How to Select an SEO Company
Hire a company that has demonstrated they know how to get a website to rank well on Google. SEO companies should know what they’re doing. And, if an SEO company shows up on the first page of Google, they clearly know a thing or two about SEO. After all, it’s competing against other SEO companies. That’s not necessarily easy to do. If you found a potential SEO company and they show up on the first page of Google, then they have passed the second test.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, be sure to subscribe for occasional email updates from our team!